martes, mayo 15, 2007

San Isidro

Today's San isidro, Madrid's saint. That involve a lot of things...
First, yesterday in Vistillas Garden there was an endless party with lots of people anywhere (sorry, the photo sucks)
Second, today every shop (tiny or bigger) is closed.
And third, holiday, sun and free time, fancy a walk? (or let's go to bed if you hadn't slept at all...)

Hoy es San Isidro, patrón de Madrid, lo que implica varias cosas...
Primero, ayer (y estos días de atrás) de fiesta en las Vistillas hasta bien tarde (siento esa pésima foto).
Segundo, hoy está todo cerrado, ya sea tienda pequeña, oficina, etc.
Y tercero, vacaciones, sin trabajar, solecito y tiempo libre ¿hace un paseíto? (o a dormir si ayer la cosa se alargó demasiado...) ;)

Listening to Dover Serenade

I know that's a lot for today, but I've post some pics of my Easter holidays in a little village of Castilla La Mancha in my other blog (Momentos). I'd appreciate a lot if you give your opinion and maybe you're interested about other spanish places but Madrid... :)

Etiquetas:

19 people want to say about...

At 15/5/07 13:03, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I like your photographs as they go perfectly with your narrative. I don't know the significance of the holiday. It must be like our Labor Day.

Have your ever seen the top of two Hondas?

 
At 15/5/07 13:13, Blogger Kate said...

Looks like a crowd in the top photo and the bottom looks so peaceful! I love all the fiestas. I just noticed the question by your clock on the sidebar, too. Clever!!

 
At 15/5/07 13:21, Blogger Gaëlle said...

Enjoy the sun then!

 
At 15/5/07 13:22, Anonymous Anónimo said...

You really can celebrate! What could be better?
Thank you for telling about your work,I hope you will enjoy and be addicted to it, it gives an energy.
Sleep well today :))

 
At 15/5/07 13:52, Blogger Lori said...

That looks like a fun party! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'd love to go to Spain some day, so I'll have to come back and see it through your photos. Enjoy your holiday!

 
At 15/5/07 14:59, Blogger isa said...

Nah, sleep is for the sissies...let's party ;-)

 
At 15/5/07 15:41, Blogger angela said...

Sounds such fun and the first photo captures the atmosphere perfectly.
Angela

 
At 15/5/07 16:43, Blogger EMNM said...

Yo he pasado por la Pradera de San Isidro esta mañana, pásate por mi blog a ver si te gustan las fotos que he tomado.

Mañana se acabó lo bueno grrr

 
At 15/5/07 16:44, Blogger Monica said...

oh no, no sleep! Let´s enjoy this beautiful day and beautiful place and go for a nice walk!!!

 
At 15/5/07 18:33, Blogger Olivier said...

je ne connaissais pas cette fete. il y a tout dans ton post : la fiesta et le calme.


I did not know this festival. there is all in your post: the fiesta and calms it.

 
At 15/5/07 19:02, Anonymous Anónimo said...

There is nothing like a fiesta in Spain!!!

 
At 15/5/07 19:03, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Dsole, I love your concept of using photos to tell a story. Your photos match the story very nicely.

 
At 15/5/07 20:07, Blogger Unknown said...

i agree. your photos tell the story very well!

 
At 15/5/07 21:20, Blogger Ioanna said...

Beautiful photos dsole. And no I'm not so lazy. I'm toooo busy these days. Mad days. And unfortunately I have no time to see other blogs. Maybe next week. Have a nice week.

 
At 15/5/07 21:38, Blogger Dsole said...

Ioanna! I know that! But you're still trying to update your blog even with no free time! that's great, and we appreciate it! :)

Thank you guys, yesterday was such a crazy night... and tomorrow back to work... ouch.. ;)

 
At 16/5/07 05:01, Blogger Steve Buser said...

I think the crowd photo does well to set the scene - night shots are hard.

 
At 16/5/07 05:53, Blogger photowannabe said...

Party hearty and then rest. Looks like a lot of fun.

 
At 16/5/07 08:36, Blogger Carraol said...

Muy buenos contrastes, los dias de fiesta aunque duran poco se aprovechan a tope.

 
At 17/5/07 11:57, Blogger Kala said...

I like the three photos - different from one another - the third photo is really nice!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home