viernes, mayo 04, 2007

Don't wash your car without checking forecast...

How many times have you washed your car before a rainy day? I guess that it has happened to each of us sometime. Well, that's what I found the other day, just in front of my house... Wow.
What you see in those cars are the Elm's round fruit called samara.

¿A quién no le ha pasado nunca eso de lavar el coche antes de un día tormentoso? Esto es lo que me encontré el otro día nada más bajar de casa...
Una faena, parece nieve, pero es el fruto del Olmo, la sámara, que cayó por el peso de la lluvia.

Listening to U2 Where the streets has no name

Etiquetas:

27 people want to say about...

At 4/5/07 10:27, Blogger Mary.M.. (mi foto) said...

Que barbaridad! parece que ha llovido barro, una broma de la naturaleza, limpia, limpia, para nada.
Feliz fin de semana.

 
At 4/5/07 13:00, Blogger fr said...

Hola Dsole, los dueños deben estar felices. En mi caso son los pajaros los q se encargan de decorar el carro pues donde vivo hay muchos arboles. Muy buena foto. HAsta pronto

 
At 4/5/07 13:04, Blogger Seda said...

This time car owners should get a fruit check, huh?

 
At 4/5/07 13:43, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Fruit? Is it hard to remove? Does it damage the air intakes? I would not want to have this on my car if it does not come off easy.

 
At 4/5/07 15:03, Blogger les maudites said...

Good advice !

 
At 4/5/07 16:53, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Qué manera de empezar el día para los dueños de esos coches!

 
At 4/5/07 17:03, Blogger Kate said...

A nuisance, but it makes a great photo!!

 
At 4/5/07 18:41, Blogger Monica said...

my Dsole... this fruit.. looks like it is at war on those cars. That was a massive attack!

 
At 4/5/07 18:51, Blogger Jilly said...

Goodness, what a mess! We get sand that gets dropped over us - Sahara sand - it gets everywhere! Your photo shows the worst I've ever seen tho and very interesting. Great photo.

 
At 4/5/07 19:54, Blogger M.Benaut said...

Nevertheless, the trees are magnificent. Sad to see they make the cars so dirty.

 
At 4/5/07 20:02, Blogger stromsjo said...

I always wash just before the rain. And then I take the bus… ;)

 
At 4/5/07 20:35, Blogger Dsole said...

Abraham (and everybody), I don't think it damages any thing... when it gets dry it easy to remove! :) But it's such a mess anyway!

Per, usually I don't wash my car...

Fernando, eso de los pájaros me es bastante familiar... prefiero las sámaras de los olmos a las cagadas de las palomas!

buen finde! ;)

 
At 4/5/07 23:51, Blogger isa said...

Oy! What a (healthy!) mess...

 
At 5/5/07 00:25, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Wow! That's a lot of fruits on the cars. Are they sticky? I bet it's hard to wash them off.

 
At 5/5/07 00:31, Blogger Felicia said...

That is funny because I just washed my car today. It seems like everytime I wash my car it rains. Hope it is a sunny this weekend for all of us!

 
At 5/5/07 01:13, Blogger Jean said...

Timing was perfect. The fruit is nearly ready to set. Great photo.

 
At 5/5/07 10:01, Blogger MumbaiCurry said...

Great photo. Looks like all the cars are covered with gold.

 
At 5/5/07 10:24, Blogger Dina said...

Oh all the times I wash my car and i get rain the next day I always tell myself... that that was the last day i washed my car ..... but it never happens as a dirty car is pretty annoying

 
At 5/5/07 12:13, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I never wash my car, I get my husband to do it, but it always rains when I wash the louvres of my house. Great pic, though at first I thought it was bird droppings! Lucky it's not!!!

 
At 5/5/07 13:35, Blogger Sally said...

Washing cars in Sydney, with water restrictions, is too much of a pain. Can only use a bucket and sponge, no hose. We occasionally take it to a car wash! Great photo, dsole!

 
At 5/5/07 15:35, Blogger Oya said...

Hah! I'm glad my car is not there. Very nice photo Dsole. Something that you do not see everyday:)

 
At 5/5/07 18:07, Blogger Unknown said...

ouch!

pitiful car owners having to clean up such a mess!

 
At 5/5/07 18:25, Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

I thought it was cherry-blossom at first. Very funny -- it is at times like these I do not regret no longer having a car.

 
At 6/5/07 02:21, Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

There's a small town in the south of France, can't remember the name, where the main street is bordered by beautiful trees which offer a welcome shade to parked cars in summer. But the incredible number of birds who live in the trees are sure to cover you car with shit in no time. Awful!

 
At 6/5/07 23:06, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Oh my God!

 
At 7/5/07 03:24, Blogger Kala said...

wow dssole - you have the kewlest blog pics - a skill for the dramatic shots- this is crazy stunning - first, the obvious mess on the cars and who knows what the owners will need to do to clean it up, but also jus looking at the surroundings, you live in a beautiful neighborhood!!! The rows of trees look super nice

 
At 7/5/07 09:49, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Bonita nevada floral.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home