sábado, mayo 05, 2007

Again from the 9th floor

Hey, I know I've post before a photo taken from the same place (check it out here), but there are few reason to re-post it... One: the light (last time it was mid-afternoon and the street was in the shadow); two: the main building you see, The Capitol (the schweppes one) was covered by an ugly scaffolding and three: I like it very much!!
This is Gran Via street, a very important one.
Have a great weekend!!

Sí, ya sé que publiqué una foto casi igual a esta en otra ocasión (míralo aquí), pero tengo varias razones para hacerlo... Una: la luz (la otra vez era media tarde y toda la calle estaba a la sombra); dos: el edificio que veis en primer plano (Capitol o schweppes) estaba cubierto por una andamio horrible, y tres: no me canso de mirarla!!
Esta es la calle Gran Vía, una de las más importantes.
¡¡Buen finde!!

Listening to The Sounds Hope you're happy now

Etiquetas: , , ,

31 people want to say about...

At 5/5/07 13:05, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I really like your photograph. The Gran Via street is wonderful to look at from Ohio where I live. I just cannot imagine walking down such a large street and hearing only Spanish. I would believe I was Rip Van Winkle who woke up in the wrong place. Your photography is really nice. And, I am also glad the fruit or whatever on the cars in the post yesterday can come off without harm. And, finally, thank you for your visits and comments on my blog. Have a nice weekend.

 
At 5/5/07 13:19, Blogger Dina said...

it looks grand...... a reminder of time sqaure sort of.

 
At 5/5/07 13:25, Blogger lv2scpbk said...

Looks like a really nice city.

 
At 5/5/07 13:26, Blogger Lothiane said...

Wow, what a view! I love this photo.. it gives a good view of this area, I think. (I've never been there, though)

Lots of nice, tall buildings and the street looks very well organised and so huge. :)

The Vodaphone-building is cool! And it reminds me of the times I've been in Spain... my cell phone often ends up on the Vodaphone network. :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to visit Madrid... and Barcelona. I've been to lots of other places in Spain, but never to these.

 
At 5/5/07 13:36, Blogger Sally said...

I must say I do like the look of Madrid very much and look forward to the day I can check it out!

 
At 5/5/07 13:45, Blogger EMNM said...

Bueno, ¡cómo mola la foto! ¿desde dónde la hiciste? ¿desde el cine...? no ¿el Corte? tampoco.
¿Te has fijado que el edificio de la Schweppes le han dejado limpio de todo luminoso y cartel?

Buen finde

 
At 5/5/07 13:53, Blogger M.Benaut said...

Both photos tell a story, although the lighting in this one reflects the change to spring weather and summer ahead. This is a beautiful perspective view and shows your city at it's best.
Gracias.

 
At 5/5/07 14:00, Blogger Steve Buser said...

Amazing view. You sell the city well.

 
At 5/5/07 14:02, Blogger Dsole said...

Matriensis, desde la cafetería del Corte inglés!! es increíble! Además tienen unos bollos/tartas/pasteles sabrosísisimos! (un poco caros).. eso sí, tb puedes subir y bajar, como hago yo de vez en cuando! ;)

Thank you all of you, I'm glad you like it! :) If you ever comer to Madrid you have to visit this place because the views are just great!

 
At 5/5/07 15:02, Blogger GiuCe said...

Es una linda vista, me gustan los arbolitos de la esquina, le dan una nota de color a la calle...

...Cusco, todaa mi vida la escribí con "z", pero cuando por el trabajo muchas cosas tenían que ver con esa ciudad noté que muchos lo escribían con "s", hasta en algunas postales. Aún no resuelvo esa duda :S

Saludossssssss y buen finde :)

 
At 5/5/07 15:06, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Dsole, that's a great photo!

It seems like we're having "photos from a high building" as our theme week - I have seen a couple of them in the DailyCityPhotoblog family.

All the best,

Marc

 
At 5/5/07 15:36, Blogger Oya said...

Ahhh, I understand what you are talking about. Great view...

 
At 5/5/07 15:38, Blogger inspired said...

maybe a new make of Drink is coming out ? fizzy Schvoda pops or a new Mobile Phone ?

 
At 5/5/07 16:12, Blogger angela said...

I think this is a stunning photo...I like the perspective, the sense of space and the colours.
Angela

 
At 5/5/07 16:34, Anonymous Anónimo said...

what a great shot!

 
At 5/5/07 16:57, Blogger GMG said...

Some (well, many...) years ago, going up and down Gran Via was one of Madrid's entertainment possibilities... Times change and going up and down El Corte Ingles lifts might be a nice succedaneum… Moreover, one may visit El Club Gourmet! Nice picture and nice ideas for a future visit!
Enjoy your week-end, Dsole

 
At 5/5/07 17:45, Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Both photos are excellent but I like this one more. Have a nice weekend to you too :)

 
At 5/5/07 17:46, Anonymous Anónimo said...

That is a nice view! Those white buildings contrast nicely with the Capitol.

 
At 5/5/07 18:50, Blogger Monica said...

Well, this Gran Via looks indeed like... una via grande! I think most big cities have avenues similar to that, where busy life happens. Very good shot.

 
At 5/5/07 20:21, Blogger Chuckeroon said...

You are certainly creating a trade mark.....Oh, that's a Goya, that's a Picasso, and over there you can see quite clearly it's a D!

There are differences of course but I'm often struck that there are similarities with London. That may not be a surprise, when you consider that a "small Spanish cement company" owns British Airports (BAA) Ho, Ho!!!

 
At 5/5/07 23:16, Blogger Ioanna said...

Yes, I prefer this one. So clear and lightful, great, great photo! And I love Madrid through your photos. Did I have already told you this?

 
At 5/5/07 23:41, Blogger isa said...

I just want to sing: "On a clear day, you can see forever..." Do you know it?
Great photo!

 
At 5/5/07 23:48, Blogger Mary.M.. (mi foto) said...

Estupenda!! que panorama, parece que la hubieras hecho desde un avión :) queda muy vistosa.
Buen finde.

 
At 6/5/07 00:05, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I just popped back to say, "thanks," for your comment and visit today. I look forward to your posts in Madrid and I look forward to seeing you at my blog. So, Thanks again. And the idea of Rip van Winkle is alive and well in this country. Especially in education. He could fall asleep 20 years ago and wake up and fit right in today's classes. Not much progress in our system. In fact I used to teach and quit. It sucks (my favorite gross expression).

 
At 6/5/07 02:19, Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

I agree with you: this photo deserves to be shown, it is so different from your first, and so beautiful! Really gives a good idea of the city and the street.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 6/5/07 02:56, Blogger Fabrizio Zanelli said...

...And four you're in right. I love it so much me too !!!

 
At 6/5/07 07:59, Blogger Susan said...

This is definately the superior photo. It shows the street so nicely.

 
At 6/5/07 23:07, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I love this picture, and generally buildings pictures...

 
At 7/5/07 03:20, Blogger Kala said...

I was comparing your two photos and its interesting to see the energy come alive in this last one with so many more activity going on - the removal of the scaffolding makes such a HUGE diffference indeed - I am just impressed by the change in mood and atmosphere when the sun is shining brightly on the streets. I dont know how you managed to get such a great vantage point to shoot this but its AWESOME - well, actually, u did mention in your previous post that its from the Caffee on the 9th floor but still, its super kewl!

 
At 7/5/07 04:20, Blogger Omaheña said...

I like it! I would take several pictures also! I can't wait to see it someday.

 
At 7/5/07 09:51, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Impresionante vista. Un día muy nítido. Por aki pasé.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home