lunes, junio 25, 2007

A bronze guy working hard

Oh... Monday, back to work... but I guess some people don't have even a minute to take a break and relax themselves... just like this bronze sweeper guy in the middle of Jacinto Benavente square!
I like this place a lot, what do you think about the buildings there? It's Madrid downtown! I wish I could own a house like that someday...
Hey have a great start of the week! :)

Lunes... de vuelta al trabajo... pero mira, hay gente que ni siquiera puede tomarse un descansito y relajarse por un rato... como este pobre barrendero de bronce en medio de la plaza de Jacinto Benavente!
Me gusta mucho este sitio, las casas... ¡Así es el centro de Madrid! Cómo me gustaría tener algún día una de esas...
¡Buen comienzo de semana! :)

Listening to Boomtown rats Don't like mondays

Etiquetas: ,

17 people want to say about...

At 25/6/07 10:35, Blogger Olivier said...

belle statue, plus vraie que nature. un bel hommage pour des hommes indispensable


beautiful statue, truer than natural. a beautiful homage for men essential

 
At 25/6/07 10:38, Blogger kostas said...

I like this small square and I love the old building but they are very expensive for reconstruction!
Anyway I prefer the center of the town and not the suburbs.

 
At 25/6/07 13:31, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Where you live now might be best. There are so many expenses related to home ownership. It is a never ending battle.

I like the bronze sculpture. Do they still sweep the streets there?

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

 
At 25/6/07 18:20, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Almost all of our statues show important people relaxing. For some strange reason most of them are sitting on a bench. The technique works well for locals to take there photo setting next to important people from our past.

 
At 25/6/07 18:29, Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Bellísima foto. Los edificios son muy bellos pero lo que me fascina es la estatua del empleado municipal y el ángulo de la foto. Muy buena!

 
At 25/6/07 23:16, Blogger Dsole said...

Ab, yes, there were sweeper very close to our bronze man.

Denton, I know what you mean. Here we also have sculptures like that. It's funny to take a photo in that way uh?

thank you guys, have a great day!

 
At 25/6/07 23:18, Blogger stromsjo said...

Another working class hero… Would you really like to live downtown if you could pick anyplace? Cities are fun and exciting but I’d rather live outside…

 
At 25/6/07 23:46, Blogger Dsole said...

Per I really would love to!

 
At 26/6/07 00:13, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I like the statue a lot--it's much more interesting when they are doing something. And it looks like downtown Madrid has beautiful old buildings, it's no wonder you dream of owning a place there!

Thanks for all your comments today--I really appreciated them. I'll be back to see Madrid and I hope you will come see Chicago again too.

 
At 26/6/07 05:34, Anonymous Anónimo said...

This has to be one of your best photos, at least in my opinion. I love this square, the beautiful colours and architecture of the buildings at the back, and the excellent sculpture in the foreground. And you captured it at a quiet time when it would be very natural to have someone sweeping the street.

A GREAT CATCH!

 
At 26/6/07 16:35, Blogger Monica said...

I love this photo! Downtown Madri seems pretty quiet.
And the statue... wonderful!!! So funny!

 
At 26/6/07 19:27, Blogger Dsole said...

Thank you so much nathalie, you're right, it was a really quiet moment because it was almost 9 in morning of a Sunday!
Thank you Monica and Ps!

 
At 26/6/07 20:00, Blogger Bianca said...

Hello, I found your blog thru Bostonscapes (Fenix's seleccion of remarkable photography).

It is true, this photo is truly remarkable. I'd love to see it in person.

 
At 26/6/07 20:54, Anonymous Anónimo said...

it's so funny Dsole... the picture I took of the little girls is from just around the corner of this bronze sculpture.....

 
At 27/6/07 09:14, Blogger Dsole said...

Thank you Bianca! And thanks to Fénix for the link :)

Piika, it's funny indeed!

 
At 28/6/07 08:14, Blogger Kate said...

Back again! I missed your photos and this one is great. Love the sculpture.

 
At 28/6/07 08:14, Blogger Lavenderlady said...

I like this photo a lot. It is a beautiful little square...and the more you look, the more you see.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home