miércoles, junio 13, 2007

Fancy an ice-cream?

What you can see here is a part of Colón (Columbus) Square with its monument... it's already summer here (ok, it starts on 21th june but the weather is hot...) but hey! Madrid is beautiful now, and there is a lot of visitors (I guess you can distinguish them because or their clothes and accessories)...

Listening to Michael Jackson Beat it

Piika Madrid is waiting for you! ;)

Etiquetas:

18 people want to say about...

At 13/6/07 11:10, Blogger Susan said...

Living in such a beautiful city, you must share with the tourists!
What is the language on the little green hut?

 
At 13/6/07 11:52, Blogger GMG said...

Hi Dsole,
Thanks for the tip. I'll try to get there one of these days; in any case before the TGV links Lisbon to Madrid (it takes ages to move on this side of the border...).
We definitely see it's summertime in Madrid. Not so much here: today is St. Anthony's holiday in Lisbon, but only the most obstinate will dare to go to the beach...

 
At 13/6/07 11:59, Anonymous Anónimo said...

It must be hot everywhere this year and it is here too. Not scorching hot but hot and dry. We have had no rain this month and only a couple of dribbles in May. So I have to carry water every day to pour on plants that I don't want to be under stress.

Nice shot of your city. I have no city. I am just living here in a wildnerness surrounded by corn fields.

Abraham Lincoln
Just a Lily today, plus a shaft of sunshine on my oak tree. A blessing for a bountiful crop — I hope.
Brookville Daily Photo

 
At 13/6/07 12:58, Blogger marie6 said...

Looks like a beautiful day, an ice cream will do nicely in this weather.

 
At 13/6/07 14:39, Blogger Olivier said...

le monument est superbe, et par ce temps j'aimerais bien une bonne glace (une glace aux melons, hummmm)


the monument is superb, and by this time I would like a good ice (an ice with melons, hummmm)

 
At 13/6/07 15:09, Blogger Irina said...

Is it a fontain over there? Then it must be refreshing in summer.

And thank you for visiting my blog.

 
At 13/6/07 16:03, Blogger Kalyan Panja said...

That looks a beautiful place & a wonderfully captured shot. We are already in the middle of the scorching summer.

 
At 13/6/07 19:11, Blogger photowannabe said...

I like ice cream anytime but when its hot there is no better way to cool off.
Great city shot.

 
At 13/6/07 20:38, Blogger Janet said...

I have a friend somewhere in France or Spain now, taking the tour with her foreign language students.
Great photo!

 
At 13/6/07 21:01, Blogger isa said...

I just had some, thanks!
But I would enjoy a stroll in your city right now...I would try not to look so touristy, though ;-)

 
At 13/6/07 21:33, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Nice photo. I like ice cream too and it is so good when it is hot like it is here in Ohio today. No rain for a long time.

Brookville Daily Photo

 
At 13/6/07 21:36, Blogger Kate said...

The backpack is a dead giveaway, isn't it. Better than a fanny pack, tho. I refuse to wear them; they scream "TOURIST" !!!!! But, I wouldn't mind being a tourist in Madrid again.

 
At 14/6/07 00:31, Blogger Annie said...

Hi Dsole,

You must have been out with your camera in hand. I wonder how many Americans thought you were one of them, seeing the sights?

I hope all is well for you.

 
At 14/6/07 01:51, Anonymous Anónimo said...

We just got back from London and Paris, and I must confess, we would have stood out too. :)

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

 
At 14/6/07 09:09, Blogger jeremyDP said...

it's getting hot in paris too and I'd like to have a nice-cream if you don't mind ;)

 
At 14/6/07 09:22, Blogger Dsole said...

Clever Annie! you're right, sometimes I do seem being a tourist, but it's funny for me to be one in my own city! ;)

Susan, it's a brand of ice-cream I guess, but can't read it clearly

Gmg, I hope you had a great St Antonio's day!

Irina, there used to be a fountain, but now there is some kind of structure like water.. uhm weird

Thank you all!

 
At 14/6/07 09:50, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

The same goes for NYC. You can tell the tourists and the locals apart by the way they dress.

We have had a cool week but last week was hot.

 
At 14/6/07 20:17, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

I thought Columbus was Catalan.:) Nice monument, cleaner. Ours is white on top but for some disturbing visitors. Columbus, columbine, Colombophilia, that's it Pigeons.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home