lunes, marzo 05, 2007

Turquía in the Metro


Click on image to enlarge it!
This is a Turquía (Turkey) adverstisement in the entry of a Metro station. Some weeks ago I saw one of Trujillo in Metro too but couldn't take a photo (sorry, Giuce).
I think this ad shows a happy man in a little boat and behind you can see the Ortakoy mosque and the Bosporus bridge (I checked Google earth! but I'm not totally sure).
Which country is advertised in your city? Which country or city would you like to visit soon? I have a long long list but Istambul is one of the top spots of my ranking!

Este es un anuncio de Turquía que encontré el otro día en la entrada del Metro. Hace ya tiempo dí con uno de Trujillo, pero no llevaba la cámara conmigo y no volví a verlo.
Creo que aquí vemos a un hombrecillo feliz sobre un barquito y a sus espaldas la Mezquita Ortakoy y el puente del Bósforo (consulté con Google Earth! pero no estoy muy segura tampoco).
¿Qué paises anuncian en tu ciudad? ¿Qué país o ciudad te gustaría visitar próximamente? yo tengo una larguísisisima lista, pero sin duda Estambul y (Turquía entera) ¡está en los primeros puestos!

Listening to Mariza Ó gente de minha terra

Etiquetas: ,

17 people want to say about...

At 5/3/07 11:42, Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Mostly about houses in Spain :)
I have a long list too about the country I want to visit. I think China and New Zealand are two of my favorites right now.

 
At 5/3/07 13:35, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Over my 72 (almost 73) years of life on earth, I have wished I could do this or that and go here or there and the place I then wanted to see was Germany because of World War II and my relatives fighting in that war. So when I got into the Army in 1953, instead of me getting my wish, the Army sent me to Japan. I spent almost three years there and saw a nation in the rebuilding process. I saw Japan as a primitive culture on the way back from war. Everything had been destroyed, even the grass and trees, in the cities. I saw Sapporo where the ice sculptures are each year and I live there for a while. I saw Tokyo and Yokohama and lived in Sendai-shi for most of my time. I no longer have any wish list or desires to visit anywhere else on earth.

There is no place like home, here in southwestern Ohio where I live.

And, by the way, thanks for stopping at my blog today.

 
At 5/3/07 13:43, Blogger Dsole said...

Wow, Mr Lincoln, you see a city in its reborn then.

Tanty, China and New Zealand, such an interesting places!

 
At 5/3/07 16:02, Blogger Oya said...

Dsole, Istanbul is waiting for you :) You are right. That mosque is Ortakoy Mosque and the bridge is Bosphorus bridge. The boat seems familiar :) I would like to visit all Europe again. When I was little, my dad took me to a trip. We saw all Europe, traveled with our car. But I do not remember a lot. I wish I would have that chance one more time. Other than that, I want to see Vietnam soon. I am so curious about the nature and their food there....To bad there is nobody from Vietnam in the DP family:(

 
At 5/3/07 16:27, Blogger Chuckeroon said...

Dsole, I like the "Heh, You're welcome. Come to Turkey!" advert set against the "Non Passar" sign.

You may not have intended it, but you've hit a topical note. It makes us think.

 
At 5/3/07 17:44, Blogger Memories Catcher said...

Interesting shot.I like the composition and the colors.Good job!

 
At 5/3/07 18:44, Blogger Dsole said...

Chuckeroon! I actualy notice it, but don't know how to write that in english ;)

Thank u guys for your words :)

 
At 5/3/07 18:59, Blogger alice said...

I only know a little South Turkey and think that Istambul must be a great place to visit. I would want to go to New Zealand, like Tanty, and Quebec among many other places!

 
At 5/3/07 19:08, Blogger Monica said...

And I think Oya is doing a great job attracting visitor to her city, no wonder it´s on the top of your list Dsole!

 
At 5/3/07 20:01, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Vacation spots that are heavily advertised in the NYC trains are Las Vegas ("whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!") and the Bahamas.

Places I want to visit: Istanbul (Turkey), Madrid & Barcelona (Spain), St. Petersburg (Russian), Seoul (S. Korea), Tokyo & Kyoto (Japan) and Rome (Italy). I know, it's a long list.

 
At 6/3/07 01:26, Blogger Lilly said...

We also have quite a few advertisments for Turkey but Morocco is popular as well. As for the places I would like to see. Here they are: Australia, India, Japan and India. I've seen lots of Europe but still haven't been to any other continent. I've been to Spain, but never to Madrid. WHo knows, I might visit it this year. It is on my list, and it's not far anyway.
happy globe troting through DPs.

 
At 6/3/07 01:40, Anonymous Anónimo said...

There are many ads about visiting Spain and the Caribbean here. I would desperately love to go to Italy.

 
At 6/3/07 02:40, Blogger Omaheña said...

Wow! I want to go to so many places! In this moment, any warm place can take the place at the top of the list! Although, right now, I would prefer to return to Lake Atitlan, in Guatemala, where I went in January. It was beautiful there, and I didn't get to finish exploring nearly as much as I wanted to.
Y por supuesto algun dia, ire a Madrid!!

 
At 6/3/07 03:53, Blogger photowannabe said...

The Carribean is always advertised. I want to go so many places...it just doesn't matter, I just want to go...anyplace.

 
At 6/3/07 06:12, Blogger nowhereman said...

I would want to go to Egypt and australia....

 
At 6/3/07 11:22, Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Not many tourist destinations adverstised in Sydney's trains. It's more food stuff generally!

 
At 7/3/07 01:21, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I don't see too many adverts either, although our students are always encouraged to study abroad. I lived in Istanbul 3 years, and I think you've made an excellent top choice. It's fantastic! And I'm so glad Oya has started her blog. Where do I want to go? Paris as often as possible. Where I've never been that I want to go? Venice, Madrid, Barcelona, and Stockholm.

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home