martes, febrero 20, 2007

fancy a tapa?


Click on image to enlarge it!
So here it is an spectacular and tempting shop window from a bar in Plaza Mayor. As Oya from Istambul asked me many days ago, here you can see some typical "raciones" or "tapas"... let's try to find out how you named it in english: queso (cheese), boquerones en vinagre (vinegar anchovy), pulpo a la gallega (galician octopus, yummmy!), pimientos de Padrón (green pepper of Padrón) , morcilla (blood sausage), calamares rebozados (brolied calamari), and more... Oh, I feel really hungry right now! And don't forget to drink a beer (caña) or a glass of wine while! ;)

En fin, a buen entendedor pocas palabras bastan... Es un escaparate de un bar en plena Plaza Mayor donde muestran sus mejores platos... ¡Buen provecho!

Listening to Spin Doctors Have you ever seen the rain?

Etiquetas:

34 people want to say about...

At 20/2/07 01:01, Blogger Z said...

My favorite tapas (all vegetarian) are spinach with apples, raisins and pine nuts and patata bravas with aioli sauce. There's a restaurant called Jaleo in the Washington DC area that I went to often when I lived there. The owner opened a tapas themed Turkish/Greek place called Zaytinya and that soon became another love of mine. Oh, you've made me so hungry now!

 
At 20/2/07 01:56, Blogger Jazzy said...

yummmmy, looks and sounds very delicious.
great shot.

 
At 20/2/07 03:04, Blogger Deb said...

My mouth is watering.....what a fantastic display case!

 
At 20/2/07 03:39, Blogger Annie said...

It would be a delight to be there, picking out different things to try.

 
At 20/2/07 03:42, Blogger isa said...

What a spread! Are those green peppers hot (spicy)?

 
At 20/2/07 04:08, Blogger Bobby D. said...

WHAT are you doing to me? I love Tapas! what color!
I can taste the anchovy, the morcilla, and those other things!

 
At 20/2/07 04:38, Blogger photowannabe said...

Too many choices, too little time. These look so good. What is your favorite?

 
At 20/2/07 04:42, Blogger Susan said...

YUMMY!!!! Such a colourful composition.

 
At 20/2/07 05:39, Blogger nowhereman said...

hola!.... thats very tempting ....loved yesterday's "Plaza Mayor" picture .... great place ....

 
At 20/2/07 06:04, Blogger Olivier said...

comme faire de l'audimat sur DP : prendre de la nourriture en photo ;o) Hummm cela donne envie.
Belle photo, avec de tres belles couleurs

like making TV rating on DP: to take food in photograph ;O) Hummm that gives desire. Beautiful photograph, with very beautiful colors

 
At 20/2/07 08:46, Blogger Carraol said...

A pleasure to the eyes & taste. Delicatessen shot. I see a mexican beer in the window (Coronita)

 
At 20/2/07 10:47, Blogger Kala said...

Its quite amazing how food can be sooo colorful! Makes me hungry now - very nice photo!

 
At 20/2/07 11:24, Blogger freelancer said...

Great shot, nice colors !
Hummm I'm hungry :)

 
At 20/2/07 11:41, Blogger JaamZIN said...

It looks really very good. And I like the Spanish names. "pulpo a la gallega" ..souncs like a soft poem:) Wonderful

 
At 20/2/07 11:50, Blogger Dsole said...

Isabella, Green peppers of Padrón, some of then are hot, some not. There's a quote about it... "Pimientos de Padrón, unos pican y otros non" (some of them are spicy some of them not, but you have to try) ;)

I think my favourite are boquerones en viangre (vinegar anchovy) y pulpo a la gallega (galician octopus)
I also love patatas alioli :)

Carraol, Coronita and Desperado are very popular beers here.

I'm happy you like the photo!

 
At 20/2/07 11:57, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Yum! We just had tapas Sunday in Grand Rapids! Someday I will have them in Madris or Barcelona, someday.

 
At 20/2/07 12:13, Blogger Gaëlle said...

You've made me hungry with your picture! All this food looks yummy!

 
At 20/2/07 12:24, Blogger Marc said...

Great shot! Reminds me, that I'm sitting at this desk way too long. I'll go and grab something for lunch!

Thanks for the reminder!!! :-)

marc

 
At 20/2/07 12:41, Blogger AinZ said...

mmmmm....tapas....I'm jhungry now!

 
At 20/2/07 14:20, Blogger Monica said...

Dsole gracias por su comentario. En verdad, yo pienso que yo tambien podria quedarme por oras y oras en un bar como esto saboreando las tapas sin hacer nada más!

 
At 20/2/07 14:43, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Dsole, mi favoritos son muy tradicionales.... tortilla y chorizo! En el sur (Cadiz) se hacen mi favorito tapa Gaditano - atun encebollada!

 
At 20/2/07 14:52, Blogger Dsole said...

oh, tortilla y chorizo! buena elección Piika!

 
At 20/2/07 16:05, Blogger Dave said...

I love tapas!! I am hungry now--very nice shot!!

 
At 20/2/07 19:29, Blogger Bobby D. said...

my favorite NYC tapas is a little savory biscuit, --inside is chorizo, spinach, herbs.

 
At 20/2/07 19:29, Blogger Bobby D. said...

my favorite NYC tapas is a little savory biscuit, --inside is chorizo, spinach, herbs.

 
At 20/2/07 19:34, Blogger Oya said...

Here we go, I was waiting for this post patiently :) Himm, I would like to have a glass of vino with it. There are 30 type of diffrent ones at least...Ok, I am going to arrange my flight to cisit you Dsole....Thanks for this post.

 
At 20/2/07 21:06, Blogger Omaheña said...

Que delicia!! Acabo de almorzar e igual esta foto me da hambre! Un amigo aqui en Omaha tiene un restaurante donde sirven paella y tapas. Se llama Espana! Hace rato que no como alli y a ya me diste ganas de regresar.

 
At 20/2/07 23:05, Blogger Dsole said...

Unas tapas antes de disfrutar de una completa paella es un buen plan... Curioso nombre para un restaurante! ;)

Thank u guys for all your comments and suggestions, let's go to take some tapas to celebrate! :)

 
At 20/2/07 23:24, Blogger angela said...

This looks soooo tempting. What beautiful colours.
Angela

 
At 21/2/07 03:36, Blogger kuanyin333 said...

I can see by the amount of comments that everyone wants to come eat tapas with you. Wouldn't it be fun to meet all the daily and city photobloggers someday in one place? If we met in Madrid, we could gorge on yummy tapas! You're making me hungry with this photo. :-)

 
At 21/2/07 10:10, Blogger Unknown said...

yes, it would be so interesting if everyone orders different tapas and we take a bite from each. we get to taste everything there!

 
At 21/2/07 17:27, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Yummy!!! I enlarged the photo to appreciate all the delicious looking food.

 
At 21/2/07 20:26, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I think between all of us DP bloggers who commented here we'll be buying the whole shop window and then we can have a giant party and try all the tapas!
Arriba, abajo, al centro, adentro!!!

 
At 22/2/07 12:09, Blogger Dee said...

So thats what real tapas are like!!! We get the americanized version here. Yumm..

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home