sábado, marzo 17, 2007

Metrópolis at night

Click on image to enlarge it!
Another night shot I took last wednesday... This is Metrópolis building (here is another photo and more information from a previous post) (Click to compare the night and day!) and I like very much this lighting. What I don't like at all are the huge adverstisments lighted up that you can see at the right. They're there because facades of the building are being restored, I think.
Have a nice weekend! Tomorrow I won't e able to post... Nacho24, I hope you do your homework ;)

Otra vista nocturna que tomé el miércole pasado. Este es el edificio Metrópolis (link para post antiguo, más información y comparar el día y la noche!). Me gusta mucho cómo está iluminado. Lo que no me gusta tanto son la enromes lonas de anuncio de la derecha. Supongo que estarán restaurando las fachadas y mientras aprovechan.
¡Pasad un buen fin de semana! Nacho24, te esperamos por aquí ;)

Listening to Tracy Chapman Fast car

Etiquetas: , ,

19 people want to say about...

At 17/3/07 12:41, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I really like these night time photos... it's a different world.

 
At 17/3/07 13:02, Anonymous Anónimo said...

You do take some beautiful night pictures.

 
At 17/3/07 14:11, Blogger Ruth said...

Another nice night view.

About Alcalá, do you mean that your shot from a couple days ago was in Madrid, not the other city?

http://flying.my-expressions.com

 
At 17/3/07 14:31, Blogger John said...

The adverts don't really go with the beautiful old buildings. Great night shot.


Silver Spring Daily Photo

 
At 17/3/07 15:35, Blogger Dsole said...

Ruth, that's right. In Madrid you'll find Alcalá street which is not the same as Alcalá de Henares (the little city). By the way, this shot is also from Alcalá street.

Thank u Piika, Mr Lincoln and Moworld for dropping by :)

 
At 17/3/07 16:20, Blogger Kate said...

Great night shot--the lights are wonderful.

 
At 17/3/07 16:36, Blogger Kris said...

I echo Kate!
on the big sign board, if it's covering the messy restoration work then i guess its alright ;)

 
At 17/3/07 16:40, Blogger angela said...

The big advertisements do spoil the view but as long as they're only temporary that's ok.
Your night photos are very striking...
Angela

 
At 17/3/07 19:02, Blogger Oya said...

That is an amazing building,the lights makes it even more beatiful.

 
At 17/3/07 19:51, Blogger stromsjo said...

A Windows logo certainly isn’t what I’d like to have covering a façade. The commercial sphere occupies more and more of public space in Stockholm every year and I don’t hear a lot of discussion about it. I was horrified to find a giant poster hanging inside one of our churches recently.

 
At 18/3/07 01:04, Blogger Annie said...

Superman lived in Metropolis, you know. Have you seen him there?

 
At 18/3/07 06:18, Blogger edwin s said...

Great night shot!

 
At 18/3/07 06:22, Blogger Ame said...

WOW DSOLE!

AWESOME lights! Reminds me of Picadilly Circus in London! :)

Wonder what the combined electricity bill runs for all those lights?

Oh well, it may be expensive but it sure is bright & beautiful!

And it graps your attention!

Ciao! ;)

 
At 18/3/07 06:40, Blogger Monica said...

Dsole I have to say, you are very good with night shots!

This city looks really beautiful, and even more beautiful at night!

 
At 18/3/07 16:02, Blogger Kalyan Panja said...

Wonderful night shot!

 
At 18/3/07 22:47, Blogger Dsole said...

Ok Ame, I wonder who is the one who paid for all this bills... I think all Madrid citizens maybe... or maybe the owner of the building? I really don't know!
What I tell you is that those lights aren't ON all the night.

Oh Annie, next time I'll search for Superman! I totally forget it! :S

Thank u for your comments! :)
I don't have more night shots... maybe this next week ;)

 
At 19/3/07 18:01, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Dsole, you have really nice night photos lately. Do you use a tripod to take your photo?

When you see Superman, tell him I said HI.

 
At 20/3/07 17:40, Blogger Dave said...

Good night shot, were you holding or using a tripod?

 
At 22/3/07 11:01, Blogger Dsole said...

Hi there, Ming and Dave, I don't have a tripod so I use the first support that I find, in this case I lean my cam in a fence in the street.
That's a little scarce but the result was quite good! :)

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home