jueves, febrero 08, 2007

Madrid abierto


Feel free to click on the photo so you could see it in its natural size :)
As I was walking by the street something caught my attention, like happened to this man. Again this adverstiment painted in the floor I saw a few meters behind... What is that about "Madrid Abierto"? So I search on the net, and it's about art-making live on the street, if I have time it would be great to enjoy one of this events, but I don't know... It's an impact way to make publicity! Anyway, this is the underground station entrace "Banco de España" next to Cibeles fountain...
It's a kind of funny... "abierto" means "open", and it's written next to a "hole" in the floor... you know what I mean? LOL (like Ame says... )
See you tomorrow! ;)

Caminando por la calle algo de repente, atrajo mi atención, al igual que le ocurrió a este buen hombre, otra vez un anuncio pintado en el suelo que ya había visto metros atrás.. ¿de qué va esto de "Madrid Abierto"? Pues bien, cuando llegué a casa, busqué en internet, y resulta que es una especie de festival artístico callejero que va a tener lugar en Madrid durante este mes. Estaría genial poder asistir a alguno de estos eventos, pero no sé si tendré tiempo... de todas formas, me parece una forma bastante impactante de publicitar algo eh? Aquí también podeís ver la entrada del metro de la estación "Banco de España"... ¡Hasta mañana!

Listening to Antonio Vega La chica de ayer

Etiquetas: ,

19 people want to say about...

At 8/2/07 03:23, Blogger photowannabe said...

The double meaning is rather funny. It's too bad you couldn't attend some of the art showings.

 
At 8/2/07 06:07, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Madrid Abierto: very interesting website.

(and very fortunate to see Paco de Lucia, absolutely)

 
At 8/2/07 09:55, Blogger Carraol said...

A very effective publicity for this kind of performances. Great shot & theme.

 
At 8/2/07 11:07, Anonymous Anónimo said...

¿Has visto la Casa de América y la iluminación de Correos? también lo han hecho ellos

 
At 8/2/07 12:18, Blogger Dsole said...

ayer me lo comentó un amigo, me dijo que parecía un poltersgeit... o como se escriba ;) Desgraciadamente cuando paso por allí de noche es ya muy tarde para que siga la iluminación... ya sabes, el último búho.. A ver si puedo ir a alguno de los actos, sería interesante!

 
At 8/2/07 13:20, Blogger Mandi said...

Yes, advertising is everywhere these days! Great photos.

 
At 8/2/07 13:21, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

A ver si lo ves y nos cuentas más detalles. Interesante forma de hacer arte. Tiene guasa lo del efecto Poltersgeit. LOL

 
At 8/2/07 15:00, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I went to the Madrid Abierto site and I love the interactive map on it. Very very cool!!

I have never been to Spain. If I were to go, should I go to Madrid or Barcelona, assuming I have enough time and money to visit only one city??

 
At 8/2/07 15:54, Blogger Jenny said...

I hope you'll show us some of the artworks!

 
At 8/2/07 16:52, Blogger edwin s said...

Thank you for the Escher image. I'm a big fan of his work :)

 
At 8/2/07 17:06, Blogger Dave said...

Great shot! It is almost like is contemplating--should I go into the dark hole or maybe I want to see some art!!!

 
At 8/2/07 18:30, Blogger Dsole said...

I'll try to go and enjoy one of this events!

Ming! That's a hard question you ask me!!
It's possible Barcelona is more known internationally, it has Gaudí and his impressionant buildings, the Ramblas, the Olimpic City, the Ramblas, and many many things more that Carlos (and sometimes Irredento) showed us everyday... I've been twice in BCN and I think it's a wonderful city, maybe more "european" than Madrid, don't know really why... but I love Madrid, for me it's almost perfect, here is the Madrid-night, Retiro Park, the ancient and beautiful Madrid, the modern one, Prado Museum, Reina Sofia Museum... Lots of Madrids for what you prefer... So If you asked me seriusly I'll tell you... Come here right now!! But it would be great that you save money to spend a long time in Spain anyway... ;)

 
At 8/2/07 19:55, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

 
At 8/2/07 19:59, Blogger Carlos Lorenzo said...

Choosing between two main cities in whatever country is a difficult thing to do. The other day I read in the papers that Barcelona is the fourth city in Europe that companies choose to establish and some more important figures that appeared in El Pais (in Spanish). But you and me are not looking for an office so there are other factors like tapas, night life, theatres, cultural activities and a lot of economic indicators that make Madrid a tough competitor. When decisions are hard to take we always have this well trodden but efficient answer: we have Sea! Hey no offense here. As a matter of fact there are lots of Catalans living and working in Madrid and viceversa and you hear no complaints. A big hug to my Madrid fellow bloggers and especially you Dsole.

 
At 8/2/07 20:24, Blogger Dsole said...

"aquí no hay playa, vaya vaya!!"
That's the weak point (punto débil) of Madrid ;)

 
At 8/2/07 21:06, Blogger Ioanna said...

This will be very interesting dsole! I hope you will be able to take some photos for us!

 
At 8/2/07 21:16, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

dsole and carlos, thanks for the information on Madrid and Barcelona.

 
At 9/2/07 20:09, Anonymous Anónimo said...

sounds like some fun events!

 
At 10/2/07 15:53, Anonymous Anónimo said...

hey i don`t see your library :)..

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home