domingo, abril 08, 2007

Drums in Plaza Mayor

Click on image to enlarge it!
This is a freshly cooked photo I've done a few hours ago in Plaza Mayor (another post). Today is Domingo de Resureccion (Resurrection day) and this "Tamborada"(drums and drums) happened at 12:00. There were lots of people everywhere so I have to strech my arm to take a photo (also, you can see plenty of bald heads here) and this is the best shot I've got.
Cheer up for to all the people coming back to work tomorrow after somedays of rest!

Esta es una foto recién sacada del horno, de este mediodía, desde la Plaza Mayor, donde se celebraba la Tamborada del Domingo de Resurección. Había muchísima gente por todos sitios, así tuve que estirar el brazo para sacar la foto (y de paso también muchas cabecitas pelonas) y este fue el mejor resultado... ¡Ánimo para aquellos que empiecen mañana a trabajar después de las vacaciones!

Listening to Nina Simone I'm feeling good

Etiquetas: ,

11 people want to say about...

At 8/4/07 16:06, Blogger Monica said...

The result of your effort in stretching your arm to take this photo was very good! Although the bald heads are a little funny in the picture!

Feliz Páscoa para todos!

 
At 8/4/07 16:24, Blogger Monica said...

he he I didn't realise that but it's true, our flag "shows of" a lot in footbal events!

We used to be very good at Formula one racing too when Senna was around (and then our flag was often seen). But now it seems all we see is a lot of Fernando Alonzo huh!!! There he was again winning today's grand prix!!!

 
At 8/4/07 17:03, Blogger Sarah G said...

Awwww! I was in Madrid in November and stayed just a few blocks from Plaza Mayor. We were there for La Almudena and I have almost the same photo - here

 
At 8/4/07 17:58, Blogger Dsole said...

Monica.. yes I do remeber Senna, I used to be a tiny fan so many years ago :) And now Alonso, he's making a great work but today I didn't see the race... it was too early here... and yesterday I went to bed really late ;)

Cowbark, you're right, you're photo is like mine!
But if you look carefully you'll see you pic shows the other side of the square (north, and mine is south)... ;)

 
At 8/4/07 20:01, Blogger Annie said...

Those bald heads should be bouncing up and down in time to the drumming. But they seem so still!

 
At 8/4/07 21:36, Anonymous Anónimo said...

LOL at your bald heads comment. The drums must have been breathtaking inside the square! Wow. I think I would have chills thinking about resurrection.

 
At 8/4/07 21:36, Anonymous Anónimo said...

LOL at your bald heads comment. The drums must have been breathtaking inside the square! Wow. I think I would have chills thinking about resurrection.

 
At 9/4/07 00:52, Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

Very nice photo. Cute bald heads too.

 
At 9/4/07 07:41, Blogger Carraol said...

It looks like an impressive ceremony, including the bald heads.

 
At 9/4/07 08:47, Blogger EMNM said...

Lástima que no puede ir, ¡con lo que me gustan las tamborradas!

Me solidarizo con las cabecitas pelonas :P

 
At 9/4/07 12:02, Blogger Kala said...

ah tomorrow i another work day - how sad - I love the weekends and how exciting to see a photo fresh off the press =D

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home