miércoles, enero 17, 2007

Mr Quijote!


Please feel free to click on image to enlarge!
Don Quijote and Sancho Panza (and the lady behinds them who is Dulcinea del Toboso) in Plaza de España Cervantes monument. What can I say about them? I have to confess I didn't read the book yet, my mother did it while she was pregnant of me, so maybe something I've got from this extraordinary person... It seems like he wants to stop a Taxi uh? It's difficult to ride a horse nowadays in madrid ;-)

Don Quijote y Sancho Panza (y la que vemos detrás es Dulcinea del Toboso) en el monumento a Cervantes que podemos encontrar en Plaza de España ¿Qué puedo decir sobre ellos? Si acaso confesar que aun no me he leído el libro, pero mi madre lo hizo mientras estaba embarazada de mí, por lo que seguramente algo me habré llevado de este curioso personaje... Parece como si quisiera para un Taxi, verdad? Debe ser dificil montar a caballo por Madrid en los tiempos que corren... ;-)

Listening to Mago de Oz - El Templo del adiós (which belongs to a CD called Historias de la Mancha and tells the story of Don Quijote in a rock way, strongly recommended!)

Etiquetas:

11 people want to say about...

At 17/1/07 00:51, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I appreciate how many works of art you show on your blog - it really makes me want to come visit Madrid!

 
At 17/1/07 03:29, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ever hopeful, Don Quixote! Doesn't he know you can never get a taxi to stop for a horse and rider?

 
At 17/1/07 05:49, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Good morning dsole and have a good day with most lovable persons - Don Q and Sancho P!

 
At 17/1/07 06:19, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I hope that horse of Don Q. stops before going off the edge.
Nice capture of the statues.

 
At 17/1/07 08:29, Anonymous Anónimo said...

A very good night shot. I like the idea of include the music you are listen to, while you post. Irredento of Trujillo, now in Barcelona, do that. Posiblemente me una a ustedes, la musica es inherente a la humanidad.

 
At 17/1/07 10:47, Anonymous Anónimo said...

NIce shot, dsole. The only thing I know about Don Quixote is from the Broadway show, The Man from La Mancha. If I'm not mistaken, he's bipolar or has multiple personalities.

 
At 17/1/07 11:00, Blogger Dsole said...

Ming, he read lots of chivalry novels and was obsessed with that, so much that he saw things that didn't exist... he lost his mind and believe himself as one of those heroes of the books he read... hope I'd have time to read it!

 
At 17/1/07 16:08, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Ha ha, you're funny dsole. Great shot!

 
At 17/1/07 18:52, Anonymous Anónimo said...

I think Dulcinea is planning walk to home without sancho and don quijote XD

great night shot!!!!

...yo tampoco leí el libro :$
pero sí el resumen del libro
algo es algo, no?

 
At 17/1/07 19:57, Anonymous Anónimo said...

cette statue de don quichotte est magnifique. quand je vois cela, je pense à Brel dans la comedie musicale "l'homme de la mancha".
Bravo pour la photo


this statue of gift quichotte is splendid. when I see that, I think of Brel in the musical “the man of the mancha”. Cheer for the photograph

 
At 17/1/07 20:50, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Oh, i like Don Quijote. A nice story. Greetings from Germany, Paderborn
Michael

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home