lunes, junio 12, 2006

Sunday in the Park with books


Every year, when June begins, the Retiro Park holds the Madrid Book Fair, the most important appointment for readers, publishers and booksellers here in Madrid. Visitors increase each year, specially on weekends, when authors visit the Fair to meet readers and sign their books.

This year there have been about 350 stalls, the theme of the Fair has been Science, and booksellers have chosen
Suite Francaise, by Irene Nemirovsky, as Book of the Year.

I go to the Fair since I was a child: it is a great celebration for us booklovers, though I always get tired after visiting so many stalls under the burning sun.

3 people want to say about...

At 12/6/06 10:17, Anonymous Pasquale said...

Il parco del buen retiro me ha encantado. I love this park.

 
At 12/6/06 12:04, Blogger Carmen said...

Yes, I love it too. I'll put more photos of the park soon. Grazie mille, Pasquale!

 
At 20/6/06 20:02, Blogger Kala said...

wow 350 stalls this place must stretch for quite a distance! nice people pic - great to see such sunny weather and clear skies.

 

Publicar un comentario en la entrada

<< Home